METALS & MINERALS
The businesses within this platform are:
- Cementation AG – Salt Lake City, United States
- Cementation Canada – North Bay, Canada
- Cementation USA – Salt Lake City, United States
- Cementation Sudamérica – The local office was closed in March 2016. The business is still active in South America, but will now be managed from North Bay, Canada.
- Murray & Roberts Cementation – Johannesburg, South Africa
- RUC Cementation Mining – Perth, Australia
Underground Mining’s geographic footprint is extensive and its service offering spans the project value chain including specialist engineering, shaft construction, mine development, specialist mining services including raise boring and grouting, and contract mining.
The platform is currently working on the construction of 15 shafts and eight decline projects in Canada, USA, Australia, South Africa, Zambia and Indonesia, and employs 50 raise and blind-hole boring machines globally; one of the largest fleets of ‘large-diameter’ boring machines in the world. The platform has also sunk the deepest single-lift shafts in South Africa (South Deep: 3 000m), USA (Resolution: 2 100m) and Canada (Kidd: 1 600m).
- BSc (Hons) Eng MPhil Eng DEng
Platform Chief Executive Officer
Orrie joined the group and was appointed to the executive committee in 2009. He is the executive director responsible for the Underground Mining Business Platform.
Cementation Canada & USA | Cementation Sudamérica | Murray & Roberts Cementation | RUC Cementation
Board Committee Participation:
- Planning and engineering
- Construction works
- Operations and facility management