Businesses within the platform
- Cementation AG – Salt Lake City, USA
- Cementation Canada – North Bay, Canada
- Cementation USA – Salt Lake City, USA
- Merit Consultants International – Vancouver, Canada
- Murray & Roberts Cementation – Johannesburg, South Africa
- RUC Cementation Mining – Perth, Australia
The Underground Mining platform’s extensive geographic footprint covers six continents and its service offering spans the project value chain including specialist engineering, shaft construction, mine development, specialist mining services, including raise boring and grouting, and contract mining.
Recent projects include the construction and rehabilitation of 15 shafts and 21 decline projects in Canada, USA, Australia, South Africa, Zambia and Indonesia. The platform employs 54 raise and blind-hole boring machines globally, one of the largest fleets of large-diameter boring machines in the world. It has also sunk the deepest single-lift shafts in South Africa (South Deep: 3 000m) and the USA (Resolution: 2 100m), as well as the deepest secondary shafts in Canada (Kidd: 3 014m) and the USA (Hecla Lucky Friday: 2 922m).
- BSc (Hons) Eng MPhil Eng DEng
Platform Chief Executive Officer
Orrie joined the group and was appointed to the executive committee in 2009. He is the executive director responsible for the Underground Mining Business Platform.
Cementation Canada & USA | Cementation Sudamérica | Murray & Roberts Cementation | RUC Cementation
Board Committee Participation:
- Planning and engineering
- Construction works
- Operations and facility management