RESPONDING TO OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Earning and retaining our stakeholders’ trust and support is critical to our success. As a multinational, multicultural Group, we interact with a variety of organisations, individuals and communities around the world, and in doing so we are guided by our Purpose, Vision and Values.
We define our key stakeholders as groups or individuals who:
- Are in contact with or impacted by our operations.
- Have an interest in what we do or the ability to influence our activities.
- Are dependent on Murray & Roberts.
Our engagement with stakeholders is ongoing and takes place at corporate office and business operational levels. Our CEO is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the stakeholder engagement framework supported by the relevant corporate executives and business platform CEOs.
Our group stakeholder engagement policy requires that we:
- Comply with King IV’s recommended practices pertaining to stakeholder relationships.
- Integrate stakeholder engagement into the Group’s ongoing management and business activities.
- Measure and manage the gap between stakeholder perceptions and Group performance.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of stakeholders in line with the Group’s Values.
- Create a transparent and honest environment in which stakeholders can interact with the Group.
- Provide complete, timely, relevant, accurate, honest and accessible information while at the same time being cognisant of legal and strategic considerations.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and seek their views and feedback using appropriate communication channels.
- Promote internal awareness on the importance and value of stakeholder consultation and relationship management, as well as the methodologies in place to facilitate this.
- Find ways to improve stakeholder engagement procedures and performance.
For more information on our stakeholders see our online sustainability report.
In this section