RESPONDING TO OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Maintaining stakeholder trust given intensifying activism, public scrutiny and expectations of greater transparency and reporting is critical to the Group’s resilience and sustainability.
Our reputation, and the trust it instils, is built on our Values. The strength of our stakeholder relationships has never been more important than now in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic where our long-term resilience rests squarely on our reputation.
The Group’s embedded engagement model and structure, guided by our Values, supports our strong relationships with clients, employees and other stakeholders. The stakeholder engagement framework holds the Group accountable for stakeholder inclusion in identifying, understanding and responding to sustainability issues and concerns. It also requires that we report, explain and be answerable for our decisions, actions and performance.
GROUP STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT POLICY
Our Group stakeholder engagement policy ensures that the legitimate expectations and concerns of a wide variety of stakeholders are placed at the centre of our strategy formulation and execution. It outlines our engagement responsibilities and applies to all companies and employees, including permanent, part time, temporary and contract employees.
The policy requires that we:
- Comply with King IV™’s recommended practices pertaining to stakeholder relationships.
- Integrate stakeholder engagement into the Group’s ongoing management and business activities.
- Measure and manage the gap between stakeholder perceptions and Group performance.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of stakeholders in line with the Group’s Values.
- Create a transparent and honest environment in which stakeholders can interact with the Group.
- Provide complete, timely, relevant, accurate, honest and accessible information while at the same time being cognisant of legal and strategic considerations.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and seek their views and feedback using appropriate communication channels.
- Promote internal awareness on the importance and value of stakeholder consultation and relationship management, as well as the methodologies in place to facilitate this.
- Find ways to improve stakeholder engagement procedures and performance.
In this section